Re: (rshsdepot) Athabasca, Alberta Depot Restoration

This was posted to our forum today by Charles Bazalgette,
chasbaz_@_telusplanet.net

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=Stations;action=display;num=1115234921;start=2#2

Henry

Many thanks to Mark for adding information about this project to the board.

Please check out my website at
http://www3.telus.net/public/chasbaz/athabascastn.htm for the latest
situation.  I keep this website up-to-date and have revamped it so that it has
a better structure and loads faster.

The present situation is that I am negotiating with the Town of Athabasca to
lease the station.  All this takes a very long time, but I am hopeful that an
arrangement will be made befor next spring.  The exterior of the building is
to be municipally designated and the interior will be restored to its former
glory.  We will of course be looking for equipment, the hardest to get
probably being the semaphore signals and levers.

Regards,
Charles Bazalgette