Re: (rshsdepot) Question about L.I. Depot in Long Island City

I am a bit confused here...LIC and Hunterspoint Ave. (which is also in LIC)
are two different terminals (now) the Montauk cut-off does loop around, but
it seems to go from Hunterspoint Ave platforms to the ramps for the LIC
Montauk division LIC terminal, they would have to back up...and in LIC they
would also need to reverse direction...was there really such a passenger
train from LIC to Hunterspoint Ave (and why) and when did this one stop?
And with all the back and forthing and switching onto different main lines
no wonder it would take so long

Also the Cut-Off was electrified (and reverse direction run) but the Montauk
Division, are you saying it was electrified twice into LIC terminal, because
it isn't now..I guess Hunterspoint Ave might be, but don't (or didn't) just
diesel trains go to there too?..also by the time the double-deck trains
appeared the ferry service was gone for quite some time...or do you mean the
new current double deckers and the current (well maybe it is still there I
read it was ceasing again) ferry service?

Paul..as to Newtown Creek, the freight yards had slips on Newtown Creek, the
34th Street LIRR ferry berthed on the East River and didn't go to Newtown
Creek (the only ferry I know that did was the one year 1850's St Patrick
Church ferry to Calvary Cemetery (at Penny Bridge, well, it was later called
Penny Bridge)..near the LIRR LIC terminal was the BEDT which did use Newtown
Creek, didn't connect ever with LIRR and didn't carry passengers....

I have never seen a photo of the other railroad's terminal in LIC (Flushing
and North Shore/Central RR)

Paul