(rshsdepot) OT: one other thing on traction demise...

In late 1920's the major railroads brought various suits to have the
traction concerns divest themselves of their own owned power
sources/distribution...I forget the reasons, I guess they were some sort
of octopus or something controlling a city's power and its
transportation....but they won and since this came about just as the
Great Depression started this helped kill off a lot of traction...made
local systems go under to where they had to be taken over by
municipalities or abandoned...I think this was meant to go after
competing interurban lines....I am vague on these details and am not
sure I know how to find this in a search...

Others were involved in the law suits along with the railroads, I don't
remember who..

Paul