(rshsdepot) LIRR Flatbush Avenue Depot

    I recently came across someone who salvaged a large part of the facade
of the LIRR depot at Atlantic and Flatbush Aves., Brooklyn, when it was
demolished a number of years ago, and he has been moving these many tons of
rock around from vacant lot to vacant lot, which get harder and harder to
find as the neighborhood gentrifies up and people want to build on them.
    Does anyone around here have a clue as to a suggestion I could make to
him to find a real home for this stuff?  I admit that building was certainly
never one of my favorites, but it is historic (1911?) and significant, and
it would be a shame to see what's left of it disappear, which might happen
if he runs out of vacant lots or money.
    My impression is that he's spent considerable bucks salvaging this thing
and moving it around, probably more than he could afford to part with as an
outright donation, but he's not exactly viewing this as the investment that
will retire his children and his children's children, either.
    Anyone know anyone with a passion for this building who would want to
take on a fund drive and a land drive and a restoration drive and a . . .. ?
    Thanks
    Steve Delibert