(rshsdepot) New Vitality Around Old Railroad Stations

 http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/16/realestate/16COV.html

New Vitality Around Old Railroad Stations

[excerpt]
"Transit-oriented development will be to this century what suburban
development was to the past," said Anthony L. Marchetta, a vice president
of LCOR, which is based in the Philadelphia suburb of Berwyn, Pa. "People
do not want to drive to the city anymore; they would rather take a train."

"We were suburban developers," said Peter T. Gilpatric, a senior vice
president of LCOR. "We took cornfields and potato fields and built on them.
But we are driven by barriers to entry, and the barriers to entry in the
suburbs are driving us back to the cities."