(rshsdepot) Croydon and Levittown, PA

SEPTA Receives Federal Funding for Improvement Projects at Croydon and
Levittown Regional Rail Stations

SEPTA News Release

Thursday September 26, 4:11 pm ET

PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- SEPTA Board Chairman Pasquale T. Deon
Sr. today announced that SEPTA has received a grant from the Federal Transit
Administration for $800,000.00 for the engineering phase for improvement
projects planned for the Croydon and Levittown Stations on the Route R7
Trenton regional rail line.
"Many people worked cooperatively to win this sizable grant, especially
Congressman Jim Greenwood, State Senator Joe Conti, State Senator Tommy
Tomlinson, the Bucks County Commissioners, as well as the professional staff
at SEPTA," said Deon. "The engineering phase is the start of the process
towards the rehabilitation of the stations and we will keep our riders
updated on the progress of the projects as we move forward."

The federal share of the grant is $640,000.00 which will be matched by state
and local funding. SEPTA plans to spend about $5 million for the station
rehabilitation projects.

Improvements planned for the Croydon and Levittown Stations include the
installation of new shelters and signage, bus access improvements, and
parking lot expansions. In addition, improvements will be made to the
underground pedestrian tunnel at the Levittown Station.