(rshsdepot) Re: United Nations Station

The U N was located at the former Worlds Fair site for a short time.
The station is at the site of the 1939-40 Worlds Fair station, which
later was the site of the 1964-65 Worlds Fair station, now called Shea
Stadium.  The bridge connected Northern Blvd with the Worlds Fair site
and was mainly for pedestrians crossing from the subway station to the
fair.  It doesn't look familiar because it was replaced before 1964 by a
larger bridge that is there now.

I'd guess looking east, at the hill in Flushing, because the main station
buildings of the present station are on the west side of the footbridge
and chances are that's where the earlier ones were.

Joe