(rshsdepot) Cab Forwards

WOW!!! Some one else from the WESTERN side of the country . . . and she
likes cab-forwards too!!!!

It's an awsome sight standing next to 4294 at the California State
Railroad Museum in Sacramento, I'll be there in June for another visit,
too bad she'll never run again under steam.

To Sarah and others who may be interested in cab-forwards I would like
to recommend two books on the subject, the first is: CAB-FORWARD: The
Story of Southern Pacific Articulated Locomotives by Robert J. Church.
It covers to entire story of the C-F class with a model by model history
from MC-1  thru AC-12 providing photos and drawings of each. While long
out of print ( I purchased mine from the author - one of the last Bob -
but then we're kind of "shirt tale relatives") it is well worth the
effort to track a copy down.

The second is: THOSE AMAZING CAB FORWARDS by George H. Harlan. Not as
extensive as Bob's book, it does however cover the subject fully and is
a good addition to one's library. I'm not sure if it is still available
as my copy is from the 4th printing in June of 1991.

If both are out of print then I suggest a search of e-bay, alibris or
amazon my turn up a copy or a visit to your public library for an
interlibrary loan search may turn up a copy to read.

Bill Church