Re: (rshsdepot) Re: "450-Ton Locomotive at the Waldorf-Astoria"

       Here is some clarification of the issue from a friend of mine who
works for Metro-North:

The overhead third rail is out of service in GCT.  To the best of my
knowledge the FL9's never used it.  When we swiched first, with the S-Motors
and then eventually with the Niagara Junction engines, we did use the
overhead rail.

FL9's do operate into Grand Central, usually on DH moves to get the engines
to and from Harmon Shop.  They are no longer equipped with electric
capabilities.  The Genesis do work on electric 99% of the time, but will
operate in diesel mode if there is a problem.

             Daniel Chazin
             Teaneck, NJ