(rshsdepot) Most Endangered Stations

Hi Jim,

I've attached an application form for this year's Great American Station
Foundation Most Endangered Station list, which also contains the following
header.  The whole thing is available on our website.  Could you please
place this blurb as a message on the list?  I doubt that posting the form
itself would work well, but I wanted you to have a copy.

Call Goes Out for Endangered Railroad Stations

For the past three years, the Great American Station Foundation, in
conjunction with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, has brought
national attention to rail stations around the country that are at risk of
destruction, demolition, damage, or discontinued use as a transportation
facility.  The train station in your community is eligible for our list if
it meets these three tests:
1.	It is or could be used to provide transportation services  (Amtrak,
commuter, light rail, bus, etc.)
2.	It has significant architectural or historical merit, and
3.	There is a clear threat to its continued existence or use as a
transportation facility
You can help rally local support and bring your station to national
attention by submitting your nomination to our Ten Most Endangered Stations
list.  Winners will receive extensive national and local publicity, a copy
of our Guidebook on Station Renovation, and one thousand dollars to promote
local efforts to save the station. Nominations for this year's list must be
received no later than September 21, 2001.  Full nomination form and
instructions are available at www.stationfoundation.org.

Thanks, Erich