Re: (rshsdepot) West Shore line to the Meadowlands . . .

Paul,

I saw that also.  I don't know why it was referred to as the West Shore line.  The closest line to the current Meadowlands complex is NJ Transit's Bergen County line.  The Bergen County line passes just west of the complex.

The Secaucus Transfer is a large transfer station that is being built where NJ Transit's Main Line and Bergen County Line (ex-EL) cross under Amtrak's Northeast Corridor.  The site is in Secaucus, close to the former EL Croxton Yards.

The idea is that NJT passengers on the Main Line, Bergen County Line and Pascack Valley Line (and NYS&W, if it ever starts) will be able to transfer there for the 5-10 minute ride into Penn Station, NYC, avoiding the PATH and ferry from Hoboken.