(rshsdepot) Question re: Madison, NC

rshsdepot
Hi all,

We drove through Madison, NC yesterday (between Winston/Salem and Martinsburg
VA).  Didn't find a station in W/S but found two in the town of Madison,
adjacent to each other.  Only one set of tracks and was wondering what the
other station was there for. One had been "remuddled" but both appeared to
have been almost identical at one time. There also is a handsome brick
building across the street with a large clock but bricked in arched windows.
 Anyone have any suggestions?  The map shows a NS line between W/S and
Roanoke which still has lots of traffic and a trestle through my sister's
farm in Boones Mill.

Dean Carroll