Re: (rshsdepot) Photos:New York, Westchester & Boston 180th St, Bronx, NY Sta...

rshsdepot
It was originally built in 19__ (can't remember exact) as the operating HQ of
the NYW&B.  Unfortunately, when they folded in 1939 or '40, the City of NY was
not allowed to take rapid transit beyond the city limits, so the line that goes
up there to the Westchester County line (or last station before it) is on the
old NYW&B right of way.  I know the station is still in use as a rapid transit
station but I donot know if it has other uses.  I imagine some of the big time
NY types on this list will know.  The loss of the Westchester is at a level of
criminality equivalent to the loss of, among others, the CA&E, CNS&M, Lake
Shore Electric, WB&A, W&OD, West Penn Rwys, Indiana RR, C&LE and others.