Re: (rshsdepot) New Orleans

rshsdepot

Dherbert53_@_aol.com wrote:

> rshsdepot
> I read an article in Trains years ago that said New Orleans had several
> stations that were all consolidated into a single Union Terminal  half a
> century ago.  Similar to Cincinnati in that regard.  So I assume that there
> is only one New Orleans station.
>
> Be careful looking around N.O.,  not one of the safer cities in the U.S!

Thanks! Looks like I'll be arriving in New Orlean's only station. As for
safety, I've heard it's the murder capital of the US, but I will be with
a group of people so the safety in numbers thing should be in effect.

Patrick

- --
" My heart is warm with the friends I make,
  And better friends I'll not be knowing;
  Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
  No matter where it's going."
 -Edna St. Vincent Millay,
  Travel, 1921
"Bush=Quayle"-Seen on two railroad overpasses in Cincinnati.
Patrick James Rieger, http://www.dementia.org/~patrick
Volunteer, The Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati
(formerly Railway Exposition Company), Latonia, Kentucky