Re: (rshsdepot) Re:SIRT

rshsdepot
ERIE LACKAWANNA SD45-2 wrote:

>  Don't have a year the DLW and CNJ terminals were built but
> guess in the 20's.

"You are wrong, depot breath!"  ( : > )).  Both stations were built well before
the 20's.  I'm sure Mr. Delibert or one of the other good folks on the list have
a closer date, but I "do" the Stella Show every June at Liberty State Park and
for some reason "1907" seems closer to the opening date of Communipaw, although,
indeed, there was a CNJ terminal in Jersey City, and probably at or very close
to that site since AT LEAST 1879, and, likely for some years before that.  We
can "argue" this all we want, Jerome, but it really comes down to:  "proof."  I
need to see some verification (what is your source) of the Staten Island
comments?  Where did the info come from?  (I am quoting from an 1879 B&O
passenger timetable, and many on this list refer specifically to articles with
dates and names of publications.  Respectfully, I think we need same at this
point in order that it does not simply "sound good."  Do not mean this to be
offensive, but since this list is semi-academic, we need back-up for these
claims.)