Re: (rshsdepot) Re:SIRT

rshsdepot
But original Communipaw station was tiny where a newer one B&O used was
patterned after the DLW Hoboken station and neither iof these are 1889
designs.  B&O stopped using St George as I told you before, after New CNJ
Jersey City terminal was built. That is also not the original Hoboken
Terminal either. Don't have a year the DLW and CNJ terminals were built but
guess in the 20's. Very simple running to Jersey City to NYC was faster than
going to St George. Back then all railroads competed for business and had to
find faster routes to satisfy passengers. B&O competed with PRR to DC.

Jerome

> rshsdepot
> BUT-the CNJ terminal at Communipaw dates to 1868, the last terminal
building
> that is today preserved was opened 1889, so I am not sure how the early
> 1900's would have anything to do with when Communipaw was first used by
> CNJ...if B&O had Washington to St. George early 1900's that was stopped
for
> another reason...
>
> Paul
>
> PS-I for one like when a long thread like this is going-hell I get so many
> messages that want me to make 50,000 dollars a day, what is the big \deal
> about lots of messages...it is not like they are large or anything
really...

St