Re: (rshsdepot) Re:SIRT

rshsdepot
Great, great, great comments and info!  Thank you all!
In re the GA RR Mixeds.  Our good friend, Lyle Key, the (now) CSX top level
corporate attorney had the task of going before the regulatory agencies in Joega
and fighting for the discontinuance.  There was some sort of agreement that for
as long as the line carried passengers they did not have to pay advalorem or
property or some tax, I don't remember which.  Lyle had to show that they lost
more money on the mixed service than they would pay in taxes.  He DID NOT tell
me that that was crap and he knew it, (but he did tell me it was one of the
unhappiest things he had ever had to do) but I know him well enough to be able
to tell you that he KNEW that was crap and that the higher-ups wanted the coach
gone and did not want to have pax on those lines and that the taxes ARE way more
than the cost of adding a coach to those three trains.  But, dear friends, that
is the mentality of the then "Family Lines," now CSX.  In either case, truly the
"junk yard dog" of American railroads.