Re: (erielack) Metro-North pours $370M into Port Jervis line

The first train in 1972-1973 was #57.  I do not think any PA's were
available during that time.  Usually #57 had a single E8.  The second
train was #59 with a larger consist and usually 2 E8s.  From time to
time 1400 class engines would be used.  On Saturdays #70 and #71 usually
ran with three cars and a single engine.
Bruce Breeman