Re: (erielack) Metro-North pours $370M into Port Jervis line

 From 1972-1973, I commuted on these trains from Mahwah.  The first
westbound, which left Hoboken before 5 p.m., had one PA-2 or E-8 for
power and four or five coaches.  Mine left at 5:42 (it left Jersey City
at 5:40), and had two E-8's and ten or eleven coaches.  When I got off
at Mahwah, there were still a number of passengers, but they could have
gotten off at Suffern or the stations just west of Suffern.

Ken Bush