Re: (erielack) Metro-North pours $370M into Port Jervis line

Prior to getting pushpull equipment, the two trains from Port Jervis
used the remaining air conditioned Stillwells available. I have no idea
on ridership, but in 1971 there were not that many commuters boarding at
Port Jervis compared to Murray Hill, Glen Rock [Main Line] and
Bernardsville to which I can personally compare daily ticket sales and
ridership. Many of the 1971 stations on the former Erie Main Line in
Orange County no longer have service, so any accurate comparison 1970's
to 21st Century ridership can not be made.
Bruce Breeman