Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:53:03 -0400

From: Jeffrey Mutter <jwmutter_@_comcast.net>

Subject: (erielack) How are SIT cars routed to their final destinations?

Hello Everyone,

I'm developing the paperwork for trains 211/212 and have a question about
waybills.  I understand from this list and the consists that many of the
soda ash cars from Solvay were billed to the Scranton agent, where the cars
were stored until the loads were sold.

How did the Scranton agent amend the waybill when the load was sold and the
car released?  Was the original waybill altered to show the new consignee?
Or was a new waybill created?  If a new waybill, was the shipper listed as
the Scranton agent or Solvay?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Mutter

http://home.comcast.net/~jwmutter