Re: (erielack) ELHS vs URHS

ELHS, I belive that event was held at Spencer, N.C. Transportation
Musuem????????????????????????????????????

- -----Original Message-----
From: pat.moore_@_att.net
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:24 PM
To: EL Mail List
Subject: Re: (erielack) ELHS vs URHS

Jim...

(and to a lesser extent Dale)

Can we please not pollute our list with the political stuff?
Moderators...care to step in and put a stop to this now?

I think I understand where Dale is coming from.

I recall a year ago when NS put together the event down at the NC
Transportation Museum in Salisbury, NC, it was intended to be a
one-shot deal.  I also recall it being said that NS would NOT make
these units available to historical societies and fan groups for
special events because, after all, they were in business to make money.
So, it seems we were told, don't even bother to ask, because the answer
would be "NO!"

Now, it seems that maybe if we had asked, the answer might not
have been "No."   Someone at the URHS evidently "didn't get the memo"
about not bothering NS with such requests and they asked anyway.
And darn it if NS didn't say "YES!"  (Which incidentally, is really cool for
all the fans up there in NJ.)

So, maybe the ELHS should have asked NS politely if they could have
arranged the Erie or DL&W unit to make an appearance at Bison on
Friday or Saturday of the Buffalo convention?

They said not to ask.  Maybe it doesn't hurt to ask after all?

- -pat moore