Re: (erielack) ELHS vs URHS

>Can we please not pollute our list with the political stuff?
>Moderators...care to step in and put a stop to this now?

Yes, please remove all political discourse from your discussions unless it has to do with the history of the railroads. <sorry, hard to moderate quickly when I'm out of country!>

>Now, it seems that maybe if we had asked, the answer might not
>have been "No." Someone at the URHS evidently "didn't get the memo"
>about not bothering NS with such requests and they asked anyway.
>And darn it if NS didn't say "YES!" (Which incidentally, is really cool for
>all the fans up there in NJ.)

I think that circumstances changed since the North Carolina event. There's been a slump in coal traffic, the units' original job, but a rise in oil traffic, which has seen many of the Heritage units traveling well outside of the normal coalfield assignment.

And as it was pointed out, NS is a *PRIVATE ENTIITY* and *NO ONE* is "entitled" to get anything from them. They are very gracious to send the unit to NJ for this event, and for that I thank them.

- - Paul