RE: (erielack) new Athearn Roundhouse announcement

> http://www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=rnd+arch&CatI
> D=THRP&RN=EL
>
> Athearn Roundhouse has announced several EL cars in arch roof and about
> 60' long.  I doubt EL ever had 60' cars, so I send this along as an FYI.
>
> --
> Dale Madison

Yes, these are totally bogus cars, but they sure look neat, don't they? I
like how they're doing the ELDCPS diner #741 as their diner, and also note
they're putting the correct six-wheel trucks under the coach, too.

Of interest to EL modelers (and actually very correct) are their FGE reefers
- - the FGCX cars appear in the consist sheets so they are totally relevant.

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/102312/02_Gen_FGE_57'%20Reefer_102312.pdf