(erielack) ES99/SE98

>>>This sounds like the wreck in 9/75 at Point of
>>>Gap (not Bell's Bridge)

The location came from a former CNJ employee, close, right?

Btw, I was also told that the two roads divided the trains, the
power was pooled but not the cabooses. So you could tell by
the crummy which crew was operating.

The CNJ guys were also saying the EL crews were pretty good,
they had a problem with crews outlawing and they could count
on the EL guys to do their darndest to make E'port if at all
possible.

As far as they could remember, the High Bridge Br was 10-mph
by the time ES99/SE98 were put on. They said the funny thing
was, the CNJ enginer who derailed the most was probably the
most cautious runner. They said maybe that was the problem.
The faster engineers were off the low joints before they could
derail!

I tell you something else. Bill Shepherd, do you remember a
family named the Weirs that lived along the High Bridge Br?
I was told by Bill Strassner that they called CNJ one night to
complain about the noise of the train. They were told look out
the window and see what name is on the locomotives. They said
the name is Erie Lackawanna. The CNJ guy said, "Yeah that's
not our train. Call EL. You need their number?" LOL

tommy meehan