Re: (erielack) ES99/SE98

ES99 SE98 may have been fun to chase, but from the EL point of view of
little value.  It is my understanding that the EL and CNJ split the
revenue in the same way after the interchange was moved from
Scranton/Taylor to Lake Jct.  So if that is true the EL added an extra
crew and a set of engines and caboose to keep the same revenue that they
previously got interchanging cars in Pennsylvania. Not exactly a good
business plan.  If anyone has consist sheets for these trains it would
be good to know where the westbound cars were going on ES99 and where
the eastbound cars on SE98 originated.  When the CNJ gave up their
tracks in Pennsylvania the traffic was supposed to go to the Lehigh
Valley.  What would have been the downside to the EL of turning over the
cars bound for CNJ New Jersey to the LV near Scranton?
One further note does anyone out there consider the CNJ High Bridge
Branch to have been a 'freight main line'?  Just because there are rails
in place does not make any place a 'main line'.
Bruce Breeman