From: Bob Clegg <bobcatcs_@_comcast.net>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Sat, October 13, 2012 8:11:23 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Re: Consist Sheets

Hey, Pat, et. al.

Assuming the EL used IBM equipment, and since their factory was on the Erie in
Endicott that was most likely the case,  I can attest to the fact that the model
029, and the follow on 129 key punches were, in fact, complete qwerty keyboards
with a few keypunch related keys on the side.

I actually began programming in machine language on an 029 using its multi-punch
feature back in 1973.  It wasn't elegant, but it taught me how the instructions
worked in the hardware of the CPUs for which I had responsibility to keep
running.

Thanks and regards,

Bob