(erielack) Re: Consist Sheets

Brad,

As was said, these consist sheets are full of typos.  Sometimes you have to
read between the lines.  C, T, and G are covered hopper, tank car, and
gondola, usually preceded by E or L.  You should see plenty of C's (sand
from PGS at Phalanx) and G's (steel and sand) in Youngstown.  Make sure you
have some ILDX covered hoppers for the on-line lamp plants in Niles and
Warren.  (GE's Incandescent Lamp Division)

In the consists that I have transcribed to Excel, I have one car (out of 815
lines) with a type of of type ES, GATX 10459 headed MT back to GATX in
Sharon PA, so you are probably correct on that.

I would be happy to share the spreadsheet I have with you- please contact me
off line.

Paul- I agree that it would be a massive undertaking to get these into
Excel, but if we could make a standard spreadsheet to start with (standard
column headers, and a few basic guidelines) and people could volunteer to do
just those trains that they are interested in, or areas that they know
(geographically or operationally), I think we could make a dent.  With
laptops and tablets, you can do this sort of thing while you watch a
ballgame on TV.

Joe Mayer
ELHS 702