Re: (erielack) Broadway-Fairlawn station sign

Blake Tatar wrote:

>http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-09-12
> I have a metal station sign that reads "Broadway-Fairlawn" on one
> side and "All-Trains" on the other. It measures 6' X 1'. See the
> attached photos. I was wondering, was this an Erie sign, an EL sign
> or and NJT sign? Does anyone know?

Blake, the "Broadway-Fairlawn" side is most likely EL, though it could have been a condensed form of Erie's standard station typeface. The same typeface appeared on the Great Notch station sign.

The back appears to have been painted that way by NJT, since I recognize that chopped-corner block typeface as one that NJT used.

- - Paul