RE: EL Fate (was RE: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

> A few years ago, I told my investment guy (I still speak to him, in spite of
> what's happened with my "investments" the last few years!) that I wanted to
> put about 10% of my stash into railroad stocks, specifically UP.  He went
> back into the bullpen and came back saying that they couldn't in all honesty
> recommend that I do that, that there was no future in railroad stocks.
>
> About two years later he admitted it had been bad advice, as I would have
> gained, I think, somewhere around 35%.

Near the bottom of the market a couple of years ago I recommended buying EL
successors NS and CSX to several friends. They all ignored the advice. They're
both up over 100% since then. I took my own advice, but sold out for short
term gains, c'est la vie.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services