Re: (erielack) Single E-8

  Wow! That's a great shot, but the location is partially incorrect.
Although "Lakeview" was a stop, it was actually in Paterson. This train is
passing either the Axelrod (dairy) siding or the A&P siding in
Paterson......this area had a host of sidings for Continental Can, Axelrod,
A&P, Railroad construction, and a few others to the east as it headed for
the Lakeview station, which was on the Paterson side of Crooks Avenue, which
is the border of Clifton. I recall exploring this area extensively in my
youth, and as the line headed across Crooks Ave, there was a siding for
Bright Star battery, then (prior to the Garden State Parkway) there were
sidings for Koppers Coke and then Bay State (flower)  mills (still a
customer. There were drills out of Paterson that worked this area. I always
volunteered to accompany my parents to the A&P on Monday afternoons when
they shopped, hoping to see some action in the area. Great photo...and
thanks for sharing.....

Regards:

Rich Onorevole