Re: (erielack) Latest Diamond - Single E-units on passenger trains

Thanks, Ed.  I don't have copies of John's passenger books.  Yet.

- -pat

- ----- Original Message ----
From: "Montgomery, Edward T" <ETMontgomery_@_fcps.edu>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Tue, December 14, 2010 9:34:55 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Latest Diamond - Single E-units on passenger trains

The EL Thru-line passenger books by John Boehner show a lot of single E's on the
west end when there was often only a baggage, coach, and diner.  Now I know why
The Lake Cities often ran with the two E's "elephant" style when coming into
Hoboken.  I think they cut off the second engine at Youngstown.  A couple of
days a week trains 5&6 did travel all the way to Chicago with two coaches with
the diner to Huntington.  On those days two E's were used.

Ed Montgomery