Re: (erielack) The Game of Phoebe Snow I'll take 5

Hey Tim, You know you can count on me to buy some. One for myself and gifts for friends. I plan on at least ordering 5. Lance

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tim Stuy <njmidland_@_verizon.net>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Tue, Dec 14, 2010 7:58 am
Subject: Re: (erielack) The Game of Phoebe Snow

es, this is the game that the NY Historical Society has.  As you may recall
hey were selling a night light based on a portion of the game board.  They
idn't do the actual game.
We were able to borrow a copy of the game from David Monte Verde and Paul
upaczewski did the scanning and graphics cleanup.  The game will have all
f the original materials:  game board and box, instructions, game pawns,
nd spinner.  Later versions of the game had dice in place of the spinner
ut the spinner adds to the Victorian look and feel of the game.
This game yet again points out how big an advertising icon Phoebe Snow was
round the turn of the 20th Century.  The Lackawanna was a pioneer on what
ould become the standard advertising techniques of the 20th Century.  She
as to the DL&W what Ronald McDonald would be 60 years later.
Tim