From: "walter smith" <wsmith5957_@_yahoo.com>
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:35:09 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes

U have a good point too, Paul.....I think of the artcles on the EL relation
with UPS trains. I wonder if the UPS could have commited to 'buying ' the EL
while the cutoff still existed. They'd have had their own RR NY to Chicago &
might have been able to pick up enuf xtra business to survive. I'm sur lots of
folks in the Southern tier would like to have 1 & 2 and 5 & 6 back even with
Amtrak.

Walt Smith