RE: (erielack) Alco Farewell / Economy Changes

According to Wikipedia:

"CNJ emerged from bankruptcy in 1979 as Central Jersey Industries (later
CJI Industries), a corporate shell. It eventually merged with the
packaging company Triangle Industries, owned by Nelson Peltz, in 1986."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Railroad_of_New_Jersey

M&StL was acquired by C&NW in 1960. Assuming it was completely merged into Northwestern and not just an acquisition of rail assets like the Conrail creation.

Nothing so far on what happened to L&HR, other then merged into Conrail.