Re: (erielack) ALCO plant farewell

At least the Marion diesel house was recycled! (Back on topic)

Tony

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
To: "Mike Spinelli" <mike_@_speedwayohio.com>, "EL Mail List" <erielack@lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2010 10:20:10 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) ALCO plant farewell

That is correct, Mike. I've had to prove this several times. It is against
the nature of state governments to actually demolish a building ("But we
HAVE it. Why would we demolish it and spend the money to build new?"
"Because the cost of properly renovating this existing building is greater
(by a factor of s much as double) than the costs of demolition plus new
construction, and in addition the energy efficiency of the new building is
so much greater, and that is a consideration in the long term viability of
operating the building.

Oh, yeah, I suppose this is off topic . . .

SGL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======