From: Joe Mayer <jmayer_@_insight.rr.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Sat, Dec 11, 2010 12:39 pm
Subject: Re: (erielack) Route of the "Cleveland Lake Cities"

OTE: This message had contained at least one image attachment.
o view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
ollowing URL into your web browser:

ttp://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-11-10
EL_Tickets_Niles-Cleve_1976_001.jpg (image/jpeg, 2550x3509 743626 bytes, BF:
2.03 ppb)
iles_Train_Board_JMayer.jpg (image/jpeg, 3000x2100 3491244 bytes, BF: 1.80 ppb)
iles_train_off_notice_JMayer.jpg (image/jpeg, 1111x1516 1121361 bytes, BF: 1.50
pb)
Here are some items that might be of interest, in light of Lance's post.
wo tickets from a ride Niles to Cleveland in April 1976.  I rode for $4.80,
hile my 9 year old sister rode for $2.40.  I scanned them on black so you
ould see the punch marks.  The trip was pretty much done on a whim, with my
ad picking us up at CUT.  So I didn't have a camera on the trip.  Really
ished I had.  I remember seeing the regulars with their on-going card game
rubber band the cards in your hand and throw them in the briefcase when you
rrive in Cleveland, and pick it back up on the way home) and the conductor
ppearing to take a quick nap with the open case of tickets and punches on
he opposite seat.  But he didn't miss a station.
Also, the train-off notice that somehow found it's way from the Niles
tation door to my collection.  Lastly, the train board that was on the
iles station pretty much right to the end, photographed in 1976.  Some
ucky person saved it before the station was demolished.  Wish it had been
e.  Enjoy.
Joe Mayer
LHS 702