RE: (erielack) Route of the "Cleveland Lake Cities"

Lance,
The "Randall Secondary" was conveyed to NS when Conrail was split up in
1999.  There are presently a few customers on the line and NS has leased the
line to Cleveland Commercial Railroad.  The line runs from west of Von
Willer Yard (East 55th) where there is an oil company around East 37th.  I
know it goes as far as Nestle in Solon at Richmond Road but that's about it.
Not sure when it runs but I would guess with as few customers as there are
on the line, it is on an as needed basis.  Like Rick said in another reply,
the line is severed and gone once past Solon.  There used to be a customer
in Aurora but from what I understand they have long since stopped receiving
anything by rail and I have seen some shots of the line to that point
overgrown.  That is where the line was severed in Conrail days.  I believe
(not certain) a McDonalds or something was built over the right of way in
Mantua. Someone may know better than I do about that.

You can check out this photo album for some images of NS on the line.

http://jwjordak.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=10340

Steve