(erielack) Empty Car Routing

All,

I know the routing of empties has been discussed on the list quite a bit.  I
found a document on a PC oriented website that might be of interest to some.

http://www.unlikelypcrr.com/page4/page4.html

The two files addressing the issue are "Northeast Region Car Guide" and
"Empty General Service Car Routing".  They are generally the same file, one
has a few more pages.  And while these are PC files specifically, the
overall theme applies to conversations we have had on the list.

There is some specific EL content in here as there are some junctions
discussed (Maybrook is noted).  But there is one thing even more specific to
the EL in here which I found quite peculiar.  Perhaps Steve Timko can help
us out.  In the "Northeast Region Car Guide" file, page 13 of the pdf file,
page 12 of the document, the routing of empty URTX refrigerator cars is
established.  As they are broken down by numbering class I noticed that URTX
27064-27067 are to be routed empty to the EL at Wadsworth.  My ORER shows
these as RBL type with "DF Loading devices having 9 rows perforated wall
angles".  Crossing this with my industry list for Wadsworth, I don't see a
shipper to logically match this car with.  The only thing I can think is
that Ohio Match shipped matches in climate controlled cars to protect the
zinc on the matches?  But I'm not a chemist and I am likely way off the
mark.  The other shippers in Wadsworth included Barefoot Sole, General
Wadsworth Brick and Tile, and IMC.  Checking the consists for trains with an
Akron block I didn't see any routing of URTX cars to Wadsworth.  Anyone have
any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Steve