(erielack) Athearn F7 EL b&y dynamic brake question

List (& Paul)

On the latest version of the Athearn EL b&y Genesis F7 units there are different dynamic brake details than what I expected to see. First, weren't the engines originally delivered with the 36" dynamic brake fans (711A-D, through 713A-D)? On the models, F7A 7131 has the F3 dynamic brake screen. F7B has no dynamic brake. I picked up some additional dummy units on eBay that were purported to be the original preproduction models. F7A 7131 again with F3 type dynamic brake screens (though there are some differences in above cab roof details from the production model), F7B 7122, again with no db, and F7A 7104 with F3 dynamic brake screens (though, again, there are some differences in above cab roof details from the production model) .

I know on later Genesis models Athearn has striven to be accurate so I have been wondering if the EL changed out DB components on some F7s as they aged. I know that in some cases DB were removed which I assume accounts for the B units. Does anyone on the list have more specific information about this?

An additional question: Were there any ex-DL&W units in the b&y scheme with the same configuration (including a solid nose dore with the larger diamond)? I am wondering whether I could renumber some of the duplicates.

Tony