(erielack) Drew Chemical; Tankcars

To Paul; and List;

Looked up the ACFX tankers in my July, 1952 Car Register this morning;

nothing with those reporting marks found, takers or any other types.

It will be interesting to see wat your waybills show, when you get time.

One of my video's shows a Boonton Roustabout at Denville, with several Black tankers;

a color photo in one of my books shows a similar consist.

Both are of course, the daylight job; the 1954 ARRANGED SERVICES booklet, by Thomas Schmieder,

shows that there was another similar job in the wee 0-Dark-Hundreed hours, which would have been hard to film.

Either of these COULD have handled inbound cars to Drew, per Table 49 and 51;

with Table 43 starting the westward returns.l But Table 43 only runs Mon-Fridays, and would require a long mid-day

layover at JN yard at E Paterson for almost 22 hours, eastward.

Canfield's Legendary Lackawanna book, page 36, says that the 11 PM Boonton Drill spotted +/- 6 cars for pick-up

by NE-4, altho this isn't shown in Schmeiders book, and Canfield SAW the move!

NE-4's 45 minute longer run Pt Morris-Hoboken timing covers the unindicated p/u and setouts.

So, if Table 49 got the cut onto NE-4, Table 43 could get them back to JN, before Midnight the 2nd day, for Table 49 to spot them at Drew before 0730, on the 3rd day;

Friday's cut eastward would lay over in Secaucus until Monday nite, and they would arrive at Drew on Tuesday AM;

There may have not been a Saturday night cut, even if Drew operated 6 days a week, since 49 didn't run on Sunday morning, nor did 43 on Sat-Sunday nights. Thus cuts moved:

1.  Mon-Tuesday-Wed

2. Tues-Wed-Thurs

1. Wed-Thurs-Fri

2. Thus-Fri-Mon

There were probably a few spare cars, allowing for maintainace.

It has always fascinated me how a few tid-bits can fall together to create a gourmet meal.

73's