(erielack) Binghamton Ferryboat

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-08-09-10

Bingo1.jpg (image/jpeg, 650x488 96843 bytes, BF: 3.28 ppb)
Bingo2.jpg (image/jpeg, 650x488 126042 bytes, BF: 2.52 ppb)

My cousin and I were in Edgewater on Sunday and stopped to see how the Binghamton, the ex-DLW ferryboat nee restaurant and nightclub, was doing.  According to a July 2010 article on The Record newspaper site,

http://www.northjersey.com/realestate/98581229_Riverfront__A_path_to_nowhere.html

the once-popular restaurant-lounge has been closed for the past three years.  It is now owned by Miasun, Inc., which has applied for a "demolition permit" to make "major renovations" to the boat (and assumedly re-open it). However, the company's financial officer expressed concern about the pilings beneath the hull and the overall physical decay along the Edgewater shore due to storm damage.

Attached are two pics, which indicate the deteriorating condition of the boat.  You might notice that  one of the cabin-side nameplates is missing; I assume these plates were DLW originals. Also the graffiti on the falsework front on the upper deck.  Let's hope that fate is kinder to Binghamton than it was to the other "Barclay boats".

Jim Gerofsky