RE: (erielack) EL stuff to D&H (was: box of E-L transition era photos > part 2)

Paul B. wrote:

> Good job, Paul! The only one I had a clue about was the
> autorack train at Port Jervis. I didn't know that D&H
> acquired EL cabeese. Makes sense, though, since it also
> acquired some locos from CR predecessors to help cover the
> added territory.

Yes, in the formation of Conrail, the D&H received freight cars from the Reading and the EL as well - in fact, when I was in Binghamton for the ELHS Convention there in the 1990s, there were several EL covered hoppers (with the EL roadname coming through) stored in the remains of the Bevier Street Yard.

The D&H received three ex-Erie (C300-series) bay-window cabooses, and 4 or 5 of the more modern 1960's era International Car Company cabooses. That fortunate, because we at the Whippany Railway Museum ultimately ended up with the C372 after it went from the D&H to NJ Transit. :)