From: William E. Botkin [mailto:webotkin_@_ecentral.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 10:40 PM
To: Erie Lacakwanna List
Subject: (erielack) HO Tangent DL&W Gons

Folks,

I received my order of six of the newly released DL&W Tangent 52 foot gons
today.  After reading Paul Tupaczewski's comment about the rolling
properties, I thought I better check mine out.

The bad news is that every car acts like the brakes are set and do not roll
at all.  The wheel sets in the trucks are free wheeling, but the flanges rub
on the bottom of the floor - a serious design problem.  I will try a Kadee
.015 washer, but after spending $171 on these models, it was a big
disappointment.  It takes the sparkle off of the otherwise beautifully
executed model.

I will try to contact Tangent Monday to see what their proposed remedy might
be and post the answer on the EL List.

Bill Botkin
Centennial, CO

14:34:00