(erielack) RE: EL Mail List Digest V3 #3550

Paul,

WC 6634/EL 3656 was definitely scrapped in Mexico, in the 2005-2008 time
frame. I have a link to a "where are they now?" EL diesel survivors and the
person who has been tracking all of the remaining EL units has seen
paperwork showing that the 6634/3656 was scrapped at San Luis Potosi. That
wasn't supposed to happen, but it di. I don't have the link at home but will
send it from work during the week.

Fred Hyde
Madison, WI

Speaking of EL SDP45s, does anyone know where Wisconsin Central 6634 (ex-EL
3656)  is? It was supposed to be rebuilt in Mexico for service on the
Indiana Harbor Belt, but I found this WC roster that reads:

"Sold to Larry's Truck & Electric. Scrapped for sure, reportedly in Mexico
in 2003.
On 4-25-2005, Scott Lawrence asked: "Do you know for a fact she was
scrapped? Your statement is a little ambigious... why would she be sold to
Mexico only to be scrapped? So its not clear if she was scrapped by Larry,
or was sold to Mexico... it seems unlikely it would be both. Could you
clarify, please?"

So we haven't heard anything about WC 6634 for 7 years.... anyone know for
sure?