Re: (erielack) 40 years

Tim and List,

As Inspector of Operations for the EL, I was required
to use the Lake Cities when traveling across the system
and I often rode the head-end. Back then, I was headquartered
in Cleveland and often rode the bus to and from Akron to
make connections on weekends. At other times, I rode the
PC to Galion and made connections there. As a company
official, I was assigned a roomette and enjoyed having my
meals in the diner.

I recall taking the last trip on #5 from Hoboken after
a snowstorm had blanketed the area. The train was
jammed and included students returning to college at
Olean and other places. One guy got lucky and wound
up in the sleeper with a woman he met in the diner that
evening. The train was late leaving Dover that evening
due to the weather.
                                                          Bill Sheppard