Re: NKP/PRR pullers was RE: (erielack) EL Power Pool Question(s)

In a message dated 12/24/2009 11:08:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stwarogowski_@_windstream.net writes:

Having  gone over some EL Dispatcher Sheets from the Mahoning Division's 1st
sub, I  noted as many as 15 pullers in one day, to some days when there were
only a  few.

Steve

Thanks for gathering this information.  Very interesting.  I had  forgotten
the number that would be operated in a day.  One item of  interest, and I
forget which way it was, but the NKP Pullers actually shoved the  train in
one direction and pulled in the other.  The Conductor and Brakeman  rode the
caboose platform and they had a lighted green fusee on the end  platform.
The NKP used green, yellow and red fusees of 5, 10 and 15 minute  durations.

SMT