Re: (erielack) EL Power Pool Question(s)

 And finally an observation question, What is the oddest foreign power seen
on the EL that you have seen? (individual's observation, not photo)
Fred,
I lived next to the Mahoning division back in the mid 1950's
and the neatest power mix I saw was the Erie/NYC(P&LE)
Alco PA1's running back to back as power for the Steel
King passenger trains on their run between Cleveland and
Pittsburgh. It wasn't a daily thing but I saw it happen
3 or 4 times a year.
Also the Erie mainline to Chicago ran behind my high school, where I saw the
Alco RS-11 demo units in
Green & Grey paint lead a westbound freight.
Saw quite a few trains from the high school that landed me in detention,
some teachers didn't appreciate a young railfan.
Jerry Custer
Middletown, Md

- --
Visit my Train sites: