(erielack) Merry Christmas

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-23-09

EL_1965.jpg (image/jpeg, 1135x751 425832 bytes, BF: 2.00 ppb)

Well here we are two days before Christmas.  Holiday Greetings to all of you!  I'm attaching a memory from the Winter of 1965.  This is the Saturday Branchville Train #1061 leaving Mountain View at 1:53 in snow.  This is the pre-White/Maxwell era with a rather dingy looking former Lackawanna GP7 and two Boonton coaches leaving the aluminum "chicken coop" station at Mountain View.  The Greenwood Lake track is on the right and was still handling passenger trains at this date.  The signals controlling the "Y" switch are in the distance.  The train is just about to cross what was then Boonton Road, now Mountain View Blvd.

Enjoy the Season,

Ed Montgomery