RE: Re: (erielack) EL empty car waybill

Randy,

Elsewhere in this thread, it was stated that the car would return by it's precise return route, to
the extent that when an empty was received, a piece of its outbound waybill would be retrieved from
a "cubbyhole" where it had been kept while the car was completing its travels.  If a car were
returned at an intermediate legitimate interchange back to the same road, would that not constitute
a violation of the return by outbound route rules?

BTW, Gordon, thank you for this useful definition.

One other thing:  There is a man in my model railroad club who insists that in the 50s and early
60s, that an empty would move with no waybill whatsoever.  Most of this thread has been in the 60s
and later, but is he correct?

SGL

.
> GAD